How we sell your unique property.
When we put your home up for sale, one of the best ways to determine the asking price is to look at comparable sales.
There’s rarely a perfect apples-to-apples comparison, so a pricing decision often relies on comparisons to several recent sales in the area. Here are five criteria we look for in a sales comparison.
- Location: Homes in the same neighbourhood typically follow the same market trends. Comparing your home to another in the same neighbourhood is a good start, and comparing your home to homes on the same street or block is even better, however there is still much more evaluating to do.
- Date of Sale: It varies by location, but the Vancouver housing market has see a ton of fluctuation over a short period of time. We use the most recent sales data available.
- Type of Home: We look for homes with similar architectural styles, numbers of bathrooms and bedrooms, square footage, and other basics.
- Features and Upgrades: Remodelled bathrooms and kitchens can raise a home’s price, and so can less flashy upgrades like a new roof or HVAC system. We try to look for similar bells and whistles.
- Sale Types: Homes that are sold as short sales or foreclosures are often in distress or sold at a lower price than they’d receive from a more typical sale. These homes are not as useful for comparisons.
With over 10 years of working in the Vancouver Real Estate market and winning several awards including Top 1% of Greater Vancouver Realtors, we have a proven record of success that results in a long list of happy clients.